Monday, August 13, 2012

Summer's End


Tides rise and fall
Reminds me of you and I
The sand still has traces of warmth
Mental pictures of days past
Bring smiles to me
Yearning to relieve those times
Moments where I could hardly breathe
standing there beside you
I trembled  at the very thought
So caught up in your scent
Afraid to face you
You invaded every thought
My heart beating as loud as a drum
Terrified I would be spotted
That you would see all that I held within
I remember the day we first met
The summer heat it was so intense
But your skin still cool as ice
Your voice instantly hypnotized me
Never met another soul so deeply connected to mine
Through my eyes you could see yourself
And for once I needed someone
Consumed by you
But like summer everything must come to an end
I wouldn't trade my heartbreak for never meeting you
So I will sit here watching the sun set
Feeling the warmth on my face bringing you back to me
If only for a moment
And then release you again
Memories bad or good make us who we are
You've given a hand in building this person who is here today
Coolness is all that remains as the sun is gone
I open my eyes expecting to see my past
But staring out into darkness, I see a clean slate

I am finally seeing my future

No comments:

Post a Comment