Tuesday, August 14, 2012

My tears are my weapons
In a world full of walls
I have built them to keep myself safe
And have become my own worst enemy
Kept alone in here I hide
I have fought for this right
Or so I thought
Maybe its more of a surrender
waving my white flag as I retreat
Giving into my fears
Trying anything to numb whats felt
I take and stuff it down
Creating another wall in my defense
But time always cracks it
Leaving me here open
I swear I'm not as fragile as I sound
At least I have tried to convince myself of this
Its not the worst thing to be
But I refuse in my hour of need
The hope must lay within
Somewhere inside
There must be something that drives me
While I wait expecting it to come
I quit, I give up
If it all rests on me things may never be the same
I am just tired and the road is long
There is no escape
The truth I must face
I have always turned the other cheek
Waiting for the other foot to fall
I manage to crawl out from under it all these years
But today is an exception
My mind has been exhausted
And feels like hiding here
I stay hoping for the strength to get through another day

No comments:

Post a Comment