Monday, August 27, 2012

Beneath My Dreams


Rain on my windowpane
Like Shattered and forgotten dreams
To many to count
We are ever soaring
Just reaching higher
The cracking lightening
Casting shadows on my walls
Snapping me back to reality
Uncovering secret desires
Stirring the dying fires
Bracing my soul
For the impact that will rock me to my core
In the eye of the storm
Where my heart belongs
Calm and warm
I'm not cut out for this life
Always guessing
So busy questioning
I can't help but to do the opposite
Its safe no one will be expecting it
I know I should bow out
Find my exit
But I can't
I keep grasping for straws
One must hold the key
The answers to it all
Maybe I've held on to tight
Damaging the things that were out of my sight
Only now coming into focus
It wasn't just my dreams redirected

No comments:

Post a Comment