Monday, August 27, 2012

Drink Up

Lie to me
Break the tie that binds
Easily distracted
By passerby
Watching this self destruction
Unable to bring the light to surface
Blinded by confusion
Its only just moments of self doubt
Unaware by the complications
They mix so well on the rocks
Staring through this glass
Seeing you sideways
Its not always as it seems
Blurred, nonfunctional
Distance isn't enough
Looking out into this mess
Its just an other's view
these feeling won't go away
They linger on
While sipping on regret
Misjudgment creeps up on me
Wondering why I keep on waiting
When did my dreams go missing
Lounge music echoes in the background
Taking over this smoke filled air
I can't keep giving up on me
Drunk off the bitterness that ran over
Leaving me Hungover and unable to lift myself
Off this floor again

No comments:

Post a Comment