Thursday, August 9, 2012

Casting shadows on the wall
creating something out of nothing
It all started with a kiss
And somehow has lead to this
Pulling my insides out
Trying to prove there is a heart that beats
I may push you away
My words may seem cold
My tongue like ice
But I've been forever waiting
On a man like you to melt into me
To bring me to life
I've always been a loner
I can't express why
And with you I can no longer hide
Bringing light to the shadows
They have haunted me
For so long I have been alone
Always on my own
Finding someone like you
to fill those empty spaces
Brings new meaning
Makes me feel so alive
I smile when I hear your name
Your voice like a song
Its crazy to have come this far
Leaving that unknown person
The person who is the former me
I burst through my shell
I'm never going to imprison myself again
I have finally been given the courage
To not settle, to be happy
That's the way I feel when I am with you


No comments:

Post a Comment