Sunday, August 5, 2012


Powerless to your will
Oh little white pill
You've been there more than a dozen times
Picked me up shook me off
Made me new, made me forget about the pain
Flying and not caring about ever being grounded
I've found myself pleading for your surrender
But I turn to you instead
Color runs dry
opaque and bleak
there seems no end in sight
Sleepless warrior
Pacing the same streets, familiar corners meet
And there you were
Loving you more than I ever loved myself
You flow through me connecting the loose ends
Making me feel brighter than the sun
Lying to myself this will be your last time
But you infect my mind consuming every itch
Your the reason I have failed
And yet I cannot leave you alone
I felt the cold and do not like it
You quiet the voice in my head

The one that tells me I am not good enough
You empty my emotions

The fears I let go
Comfort in the shadows

My name no one needs to know
You've become my hand to hold, Why can't you let go
Your hooks deep in my skin
You wash through my veins
And I feel complete again
White powder your test I will fail
I can't get you off my mind
Everyone else has come and gone
You've driven the wheel steering me here
Sightless, tilting, wavering
Your spell has been casted
My demons lay still
while you're here creating new ones
Taking advantage of my weakness
Just this one last time I will give in
And let you wash me away....

No comments:

Post a Comment