Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Reflections
Just mirror images of what we appear to be
Escaped by our reality
Flashes exposing restless souls
Take a good look
Its what surrounds that makes us whole
Maybe its fate or a misunderstanding
Whatever it may be or what it might not be
still its who we have become
so suffocating
Like treading water with no land in sight
The wait is the hardest part
Idly passing time
Slowly it slips falling away
Playing me like a broken instrument
Never in tune with you
But still you strum on
Broken strings and all
Waiting to see if you play your cards
Always dealt the joker, I fold
I fell like a token in your game

But this is life
If not mine then who's?
Dreams painted by you
images thrown together
Blurred visions turned to cloudy skies
Confused why things always happen this way
How I had everything and nothing all at once
A mere blemish in the world
Always searching as I wandered
Fighting to get outside
To be away from all that separates us
Truth is we are not going anywhere
We have become to tied down to all that surrounds us
Its all taken ahold, embedded itself
Call it what you will I won't take all this blame
I have bleed and shed my fair share of tears
And yet I still stand here.....

2 comments: