Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Attached to the thoughts
Running through my head
Troubles they may come
And they may go
Stories of who I used to be
I only wish I could recall
All that time I lost
I'd like to meet the thief
who stole it away
Perhaps I remember it incorrectly
Painting myself in new lights
While others look on
Judging my actions
Feeling free never felt so confined
It came at every cost
Except my heart
That piece I managed to save
I've been dragged through hell
Wild to my soul
Rough around my edges
The stares bounce off
I laugh at the thought
You all say you know me
But what you don't see
There is a tender side
That no one really ever knew
Tough I stand
hardened through the years
Disappointing others
I just kept rolling on
Saving the best part just for me
I can't take back what I've done
I can't get back the things I've lost
Everyday is a new start
A chance to make things right again

No comments:

Post a Comment