Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My Daughter's Eyes


The woman I wished I was
Kind, caring, full of grace
A heart of gold
Beautiful on the inside
Wishing I could be more than what I see
Stronger than I feel
But in my daughter's eyes I am everything I wished I was
A hero, a teacher, a beautiful soul
Nothing less than perfect
In their eyes I see myself the way they do
Unbroken and full of love
When I think I need to be rearranged
And regret over flows
Looking in their eyes every choice I have made
Has brought me to them
In this world full of nothing
I am some one's everything
I am the sun that their world revolves around
Everything I teach them
Reflects in the women they will one day be

I set examples the best I can
In my daughter's eyes I show them anything is possible
Even when I am unsure
I show them respect for others is important
But not to forget yourself
When I am tired and the days don't seem to end
I watch my children sleeping dreaming big dreams for them
I lean over and kiss their foreheads
And hope I've done my best

No comments:

Post a Comment