Friday, August 10, 2012


Another place another time
I just can't seem to keep up with myself
Racing at a steady pace
There is always something
So tired of playing pretend
I just can't keep up
I fall behind
Disappointment again
I believed in myself
Foolish mistake
I am worried about the things that I can't change
Dreamless sleep
Giving up the things I have wished for
The wonders I have yet to complete
I give up and start again
A new day a new hope
Lost and left figuring this out
Not really sure where to go from here
Stuck in the middle trying to cross over
Trying to make the switch to the person I wish to be
Even though this has always been me
Afraid to show that glimmer of hope
Let down my friend, left alone again
There has to be a voice of reason
I've always rested on the borderline
The world moves on while I'm worried I'll be left behind
Quickly sinking this boat I must abandon
There must be a higher reason
I am just to busy to see
Worried for my own well being
Concerns go unnoticed
But I push on anyways
Hoping my hard work will pay off
Just another face in a drowning sea
Mixed emotion, words fail me now
I'm crushed beyond fixing
I have put my own needs on hold
And it has left me Drifting
Its all in the waves
Darkness rests on the horizon
Skies furry opens upon us
Further I go
Hoping for an island
Wishing for a savior
The lightening exposes the vastness that surrounds

No comments:

Post a Comment