Wednesday, August 8, 2012


Pacing these floors
Walls closing in
Forgotten time
Where have you been
Restless, tired, unable to sleep
Minutes to hours seem to slip
I question myself
taking more than I can give
Broken all these years
No one understands
I realize I stand alone
Caring takes to much
I move a little closer
Hoping to feel your heat
Maybe to feel anything at all
But you pull away leaving me cold
Leaving me on my own
I choke on my words
Pain burning holes through me
The happiness seeps out
Leaving me empty
What do you have to say
Now that you've drop this weight
I can not longer escape my loneliness
It confronts me
Drifting into madness
You have become so relentless
Picking me apart
Giving me no direction
Lacking motivation
Wishing to wash me clean
I know there was a time
A place that we would lay without a fight
Time grows further between us
I keep tripping over these foolish things
I thought you could change a thousand times
Maybe you did and I didn't
stuck in the past
Frozen in those moments that hurt me most
For every 20 good moments it may erase one bad
But who's counting?
I wish I could just forget all about it
So there is no excuse for your absence
While I am here needing you
Pull me out of this darkness
Just set me free before I unravel
Before I'm nothing but a string

No comments:

Post a Comment