Sunday, August 12, 2012

Inside

Who do you see when looking at me
The person I desperately try to hide
Somehow I have painted my insides back
Containing myself there
The darkness has invaded every cell
Would you still love me if you knew my truth
That I crawl in my skin
The pain has permeated my heart
Love no longer lays there
Its been replaced by the darkness too
I'm stuck in this place there is no way out
I can't seem to dig myself out of this mess
Instead I dig deeper in
And feel no hope
My words lay flat
This silence I embrace
Frost leaves traces on my lips
Racing thoughts
No light in all this darkness
I find comfort being here alone
No one to expose my secrets
They say I need to snap out of this
It easier said then done
When all  I feel like doing is letting go
Slipping further into myself
Please do not pull me out
I'm seeking shelter here
The only place I have ever known
Maybe its all just in my head
Call me crazy
Label me if you must
If this helps you to cope
But I will retreat
This smile I wear is all fake
but it makes you all happy to see
So I will pretend to be anything but me

No comments:

Post a Comment