Wednesday, August 22, 2012

So Far Away


Sap drips from a broken branch
The breeze cold on my back
Leaving me chilled
Remembrance so hard
Your face slowly fades
Seems like just yesterday
You were here
Now nothing more than a passing memory
Pictures the only thing that remains of you
Changing seasons
Leaves are flaming
Skies of grey
Reminds me of the day you went away
So far from us
No phones can reach you where you are
So many things left unsaid
It seems I have lost my mind
Trying to figure out why
Letting in the pain a little at time
Fear the gates will open and wash me away
Drowned me in the mess you have left
I regret times past when you were here
On the outside looking in
But these chapters I must close
I carry you through my day
A little heavier in my heart
Kind words weren't enough
To ease this broken heart
Waking in the night screaming your name
Never have I felt so alone
When I could feel you in every corner of my room
Leaves me feeling cold inside
Letting the embers die along side you

Please tell me how to let go

No comments:

Post a Comment