Friday, August 3, 2012


Pieces of me fall away
Some for heartbreaks
others for lost friendships
Trading a few in for someone who was never true
More for a person I never really knew
Pieces drift circling around me till they are gone
A part goes to the ones who made me
Some to the falling tears that keep me human
A few for true loves touch
More than just a few for the little ones
That have they're little hands around my heart
Strip away the ones that I have never needed
The pieces I never really like anyhow
Saving only the special ones for the ones that count
Giving away pieces to the ones that need me
And nothing to those that don't
Shedding whats always been there
Dancing on my finger tips till they disappear
Some for the sadness that lingers nagging in my head
A piece for the happiness that lays with my family
They seem to fall all around me
I am surprised I have anything left
But there it is
Some for the sunshine that brings me to life
Always a piece for those who make me laugh
That bring light to my world
Unfortunately some for those who have back stabbed
And have misused and tangle my trust
The ones that have broken certain piece of me
I willing give those back to them
A piece goes to my white dress and bands of gold
Your hand in mine
Eyes of wonder and smiles that melts my heart
I gladly give the very last of my being for all of you
But still there seems to be one last piece
And to my surprise its just for me

No comments:

Post a Comment