Friday, August 17, 2012

Brighter Days

heavy hearted no more
clouds have lifted
the sunlight shines down
Lighting the way to a better peace of mind
Ethereal and divine
A new day arises
My heart has composed a new song
Bittersweet, but so close to perfection
I will live in the moment
Becoming immersed in this happiness
Its only a taste
But I have been left out in the cold for so long
That this has been enough to move my soul
Life so full, so effervescent
I have laid in the shadows watching it pass by
I have made so many mistakes over my life
Each one I have felt the guilt
But today I will learn forgiveness
I will let them float away
Recovery isn't something that happens over night
For once I see the light in the tunnel
Dim but still there
As days pass on the light will become brighter
The meaning will makes sense
The dots will become connected
They will eventually fall into the place
My faith has been predicted
My course already set
Getting there will be a battle
Moving forward is all I can do
Each day will have its own struggle
But days like today, when I feel like anything is possible
I know that I can get there

No comments:

Post a Comment