Friday, August 3, 2012

My heart grows distant as days pass
And I'm tired of being alone
We live together but not side by side
Miles separate us and grow further apart
Where have we gone to
My love that question echoes through me

Empty without you
Quiet the house has become
No laughter in the house that once was a home
The sunset are lonely
no good morning kiss
You are in a hotel somewhere I don't know
The phone calls are distant
But still I sit and wait for them each day
I know each week you'll be coming home to me
and yet its like we are stranger
Tip toeing around each other
Afraid to move for this might just be a dream
And I will awake and our bed will be empty
I have never thought our love would turn on us
That we would be struggling for a meaning
for any reason to come together
I smile while I cry inside
Tears of being abandond knowing you'll be gone soon
You do this for us so I bite my tongue
With each goodbye a piece of me goes with you
And you'll call again and the words will fall in between
we struggle not to fall apart
Stuffing the words down to keep it together
The phone will ring and I will tell you what you need to hear
I am doing fine
When I am screaming inside come home
I'll make you feel like its alright
You need to know just one thing before your gone again
I miss you so very much and my life just isn't complete without you
So please just come home so we can be a family again
The way we were meant to be

No comments:

Post a Comment