Friday, August 3, 2012

Maybe I am where I suppose to be
Always looking back at the roads I've chosen

They seem to have lead me here
Stuck in the middle of no where
Regret is so easy
Being accountable is not
Longing to be forgiven by others
Its easier than forgiving yourself
Lessons are only taught through living
Expectations always looming over head
Life like swirling in the drain
Like hiding under covers
Dancing blindly whirling though this world
The less time you have the faster it seems to go
Yesterday I wish someone had told me that
It tears me apart that today is all over
And Tomorrow is not a promise
I walk on tip toes
I walk on tightropes
Without a net
The threat I might fall hovering on my back
And I can't help but look behind myself
Back to what lead me to this point
Do I give up? Bite my lip and hope it goes away
If I keep pushing down these feelings
eventually they will over flow
spilling out unable to push all that has surged
I stand like a soldier, trying not to show my fears
That maybe I've made a mistakes
And I'm not sure I am ready to admit it
So move forward go on pretend nothing lays beneath
That nothing has jaded me that my sun still shines

No comments:

Post a Comment