Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Song

A song
its the light in the dark
We're busy making wishes
Hanging the moon
Making promises
On stars that all fall down
Planning a future on a tomorrow
That may never come
But my heart never fears the unknown
Its happy and content
With what today brings
Maybe there is an ending
Maybe we're just playing pretend
Somehow its always been you and me
Even before we met
The paths were always meant to cross
Here's a toast to us
And the years ahead
And the places we've been
Love draws us in
Makes us closer than friends
Even when we don't mean to hurt
Bending doesn't mean we always break
We'll move on
Keeping our hearts joined through the tears
Building us up from the ground
Strengthening with each blow
I promise through these years
I'll never disappear
I will stand by your side
For better or worse
My love for life

No comments:

Post a Comment