Monday, August 6, 2012

Strength burns within
I'm not what I always seem to be
And my heart often lays to far from my head
Stranger to myself
When the pain fills the void
I stay standing not letting it knock me
Hanging on till that better day
My skin hurts and my hair falls to the floor
Life has a plan, and I'm afraid this is mine
But I am still here thankful for another day
I'm a women and my scars tell my story
There are to many odds that are counting on me to fail
But lucky there are plenty that aren't
I commit to myself to making myself better
Let the sunshine roll over my skin
Warming me and freeing the ache that lays in my bones
I stumble on lazy days from time to time
My body just says no when my mind yells go for it
Deep down I know I can
without me this world would be a different place
I feel some days letting my hands slip free
But I know its not that easy
A life where darkness reins
I put a smile when the feelings are absent
The power I hold is always leaping from me
I paste stars where there is none and wish on them
Is this all that's meant from me
I sing when I feel like I am dying
I dance instead of crying
letting go of the things that drag me down
Freeing my body of the weight of sadness
It poisons my heart
I pull it together when it stretches so far
I balance my sickness
And direct myself out of self pity
I scream in the wind and it carries it away
I need help but to proud to ask
So I'll keep on fighting till my last breathe
And know, I might dangle close to the edge
I will never let go

No comments:

Post a Comment