Saturday, August 4, 2012

Shatter

Its hard to make things work
A key in a door not a match
Maybe I'd be better off shattered
The slightest words hurt
The deepest emotions felt
When there seems like there is nothing left
Another cut, a jab slicing me down
Maybe there is no reason to stand
Behind it all, drilling through
You think it will make a difference
it only makes you weak
And the disappointment is to bitter to taste
I'm not strong enough to hold this world up
These shoulders have been over loaded
I feel if I am about to shatter
even if I don't mean too
Its taking all my strength just to keep up
I'm unable to run this marathon
I have no truth in a room full of lies
They black out everything I have meant to say
Maybe I'm one too
Just a whispering rumor floating around these walls
My heart, Broken at the seams
Its only a matter of time
Before it shatters
Wake up before the road ends
The cliffs are high and the bottom is endless
If only I could go back before I made that wrong turn
Mistakenly lead down the wrong paths
Here anyhow, faithless I hang
In my head I am anywhere and everywhere
Opening my eyes I am somehow frozen in time
The ice shatters and the truth confronts me
The sadness consumes me
Happiness in ignorance somehow I was awoken
Wish I could go back
I wish my hopes weren't shattered
By my own doings, I was wrong
And I've known this all along

No comments:

Post a Comment