Thursday, August 23, 2012

My Poem to You

These words I hold are true
In your eyes I can't ever lie
Chances we've taken have lead us here
Young love, I want to grow old with you
Getting through my day
Waiting till the next moment I am with you
You make me smile with a passing thought
These  walls you've made into a home
And I am happy just being with you
I love laughing till I cry
Laying on the couch snuggled under your arm
The smell you leave on your pillow
The way you say my name
Life has been so full
You were unexpected
But exactly what I needed
We were made for one another
In this whole world we found each other
My soul mate, my best friend
You are everything I never knew I wanted
And here we are sharing our future
Hand in hand
We've created a life together
You let me pick the music
Listen to me sing loudly and out of tune
Smile when I pout
You would give me the moon the stars
And everything in between
In exchange for nothing
But you know I would do anything
To see you smile to hear you laugh
To know that my heart belongs to you
As the years pass I love to look back
see the path we've paved
see how far we've come
And I am just thankful to wake next to you
Each and everyday

No comments:

Post a Comment