Wednesday, September 26, 2012

What If

I sometimes wonder if I close my eyes
And wish really hard
When I open them you'll be standing there
Maybe its a dream
The fact that I really do care
Its easier to imagine what if
Than to have an actual ending
The finality of those plans
The ones we made so deep in love
The dying flames, angry it burns
Taking residence in my heart
To hard to say I am sorry
Tears are mysterious to me
They never mean
What you'd like to say
They make you seem weak
Like somehow you might break
Looking at you, a vision in a mirror
Kiss me before I melt away
I'm not more than what you say
A fleeting memory
Drained of what I once was
Fading under the bright lights
Under resistance I shake
Will is unintended
I stand firm in my convictions
Even when they get in the way
Maybe I'm stubborn
This is just me striped down to the surface

No comments:

Post a Comment