Friday, September 14, 2012

Figuring it Out


The well has run dry
I reach for the words
To release this pain
That fills the void
Helping me to escape
The everyday life
That leaves me feeling alone
The walls closing in
Pressing up against me slowly
Making an exit impossible
Even when I am at my strongest
My walls shake, crumble
And eventually fall
Leaving me exposed
Expressionless I lay
Searching for safety
I tend to bluff
When things go wrong
Keeping details to myself
Of my undoing, unraveling
Right before your eyes
Silently keeping it hidden
Its my own disgrace
A tragedy in its finest
Sort out whats important
Throwing away unnecessary things
That have held me back
When is the best time to stand
For all I thought I believed in
Its a test of will
Resulting in failure
I'm afraid to finally admit
I do not have a clue what I am doing
And how I have gotten here

No comments:

Post a Comment