Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Lays Between Us

The ocean of mattress lays between us
Swim against the flannel sheet dreams
Just trying to reach out to you
The nightmares suck me back in
Leaving me restless and tired
Wrapped in blankets of down
Filling this empty room
Sunlight bounces off the mirrors
Making windows where there were none
Brilliant light surrounds us
Shadows fall by the way side
Believing is the only truth we need
No place I'd rather be
I refuse to crawl out of bed today
As long as we have each other
We need nothing else
Days when thunder echoes
Turn off the phone
Hide the remotes
Unplug the clock
Bring me in closer to you
Enjoying this moment made just for us
Close the door, draw the shades
Lets forget yesterdays misunderstanding
Its lost all meaning as the day passes
And we remember why its just you and I

No comments:

Post a Comment