Monday, September 17, 2012

I Believe

I believe in dreaming
No paper Gods for me
I live for myself alone
I love because I want to
Not because I am suppose to
I pull it together when I need to
Learning my lessons as I go
I express when lease expected
My hearts not made of glass
Or made of stone
But I still stand guard over it
Protecting it from your elements
Stop trying to take
What I'm not willing to give
Stop pushing me
I don't believe in
What you want me to
These foreign words
Are so unknown to me
I don't make promises
I don't intend to keep
The slightest twitch of hand
May send me running
My decieving ways
Tend to be overlooked
Making my lies your reality
I'm not one to give in
Or give up very easily
Unable to make the right connection
Mind and heart
Stand apart
Hoping they will discover one another
Over time I assume things will fall into place
Leaving it to a fate
I no longer believe in

No comments:

Post a Comment