Tuesday, September 11, 2012

So Long Ago

Rewinding time
Replaying those innocent moments
That got us from place to place
At that time you were so hard to resist
Standing behind the fallen trees
We had our first kiss
Seems like yesterday
But somehow its turned into years
You used to play your music
I'd sing along making it up
As I went along
Now you are gone from the world
I am sad for your loss
As I remember walking the streets
Hand in hand
Friends before we were more
Somehow I missed you
Drifting further away
Turning into a man I didn't know
Friendship turned to dust on a shelf
I catch my breath thinking
I'll never run into you again
At random locations
We'd laugh, talking for hours
Rambling on about nothing important
All those time running through my head
Once you were my best friend
Then you kissed me
Sending us in a new direction
It took all these years
And you passing
For me to realize
You made an small impact on this life I have made
We grew up
We fell apart
Closing a chapter so we could both move on
I just wanted you to know
I thought of you today

2 comments:

  1. Melancholy & beautiful. Really enjoyed reading this.

    Hemmie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my work. :)

      Delete