Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Out With the Old


Suspended here I lay
Maybe my face will appear one day
A broken window reflections
Say what we used to be
What we only want to see
A distant glow
A faded sign
A handful of meaning
Tossed into the wind
Its a picture torn and frayed
Sunset in the afternoon
A day ending to soon
Sweeping me into the shadows
Slow dancing under moonlight
My whole world spins
And your persistence wins
Watching this girl wavering
I kiss the light
My voice quavering
While I whisper goodnight
Alone I stand
Greatly misunderstood
Mixed up confused feelings
Arise early in the morning
Shackled to my bed
This is the road
And this is where its led
I drowned out the words so unkind
I bet when your the first
I'm the last thing on your mind
I am sick of being someone
I never believed in
Today I change it all
Strip away the old watching it fall

No comments:

Post a Comment