Thursday, September 13, 2012

He knocks

There was a crow
knocking at my door
He brought a feeling
To me was unknown
While I wished him to go
He remained there
Watching, waiting
For what
I am quite unsure of
His movements slow and sleek
His beetie eyes starring me down
To my very soul
Like xray vision
He knew I was alone
I am sure I've seen him in a dream
Taking his time
He taps again
Eagerly waiting for my answer
What does he expect
Has he come to take me away
To follow him into the unknown
Shoo bird just leave me here
At least for another day
I am unsure I can take much more
Your insistent knocking
Please just go away
Lets not play this game today
Your rapping sends shivers
Down my spine
You are no longer welcomed here
Your driving me mad
The constant tapping
Even though the thought scares me
I open the door and what I expect
Is not what I am given
He takes flight off my doorstep
Smoothly he expanse his wings
And I learn something new
Sometimes a bird is just a bird

No comments:

Post a Comment