Sunday, September 9, 2012

Maybe I Am


Maybe I'm a dreamer
Is that the worst thing to be
I sit waiting to be enlightened
Maybe these visions
Are the future I am seeing
Its a possibility its nothing more
Than a glimpse of the past
Is it an illusion
Just a delusion
Using my imagination
To make this world a pretty place
I'm not oblivious to reality
But this day dream is such a wonderful place
Meant for the impossible
To suddenly be feasible
Illuminating the way for others
Those who feel defeated
What does it cost to dream
When there is nothing left
No one should be disappointed
If their hopes fall apart
During these travels
Its common to become unraveled
So hard to remain positive
When something you've worked hard for
Rusts,
Turning to dust in your hands
Crumbling your faith in yourself
I dream to stay awake
To keep living
To burn brighter than the day before
The fear of not succeeding
Doesn't keep me from going on
Its the thought that I will one day
Become everything I have hungered for
I can feel it in my bones
That it lays ahead of me
Somewhere
I will keep dreaming
Creating new ones daily
Till I find my way there

No comments:

Post a Comment