Thursday, September 6, 2012

Empowered

Tied together with paper string
Nothing new
Begins with something old
Closure doesn't bring relief
It stalks me
Running its course
Apologies are never enough
To make this seem sound
I didn't ask you to come here
I never told you to stay
Your words seem so rehearsed
Acting as if I'm blind
To the fact you've trampled my heart
And pushed me out of place
So quick to point a finger
Never taking care of your blame
Hanging others out to dry
For your own wrong doings
How can you compare my tears
To the emptiness you bring
I believed we could change
That we'd have our happy ending
Caught in this vicious web
Be a man, suck it up
Take ownership to your mistakes
I'm not here to amuse you
And you've retreated to old behavior
You'll eventually choke on your lies
They will catch you by surprise
Taking you out at your knees
You'll be at my feet
Asking once again for my forgiveness
Giving me a new chance
To turn my back and make you disappear

No comments:

Post a Comment