Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Someplace


Wild in my heart
Where it runs free
Always busy telling me
Its time to leave
To repair whats been broken
Filling whats run dry
To find whats been lacking
But I don't really know
What I've forgotten
Checklists runs miles
Keep me from sitting still
Signs telling me dead end
Warnings lay ahead
Turn around facing the past
I want to be someplace
Where no one knows my name
To get lost while finding myself
I thought everyone was the same
But to my surprise we're all different
Happiness lays in the strangest of places
Sometimes the smallest of spaces
Finding your own is not impossible
You just have to follow the roads
That lead back to the center of you
The seeds have been planted
The roots they run deep
Not where our dreams go to die
But to thrive
Make us reach higher strive for better
To be better,

Then what we are today

2 comments:

  1. Hey Erin,

    It's beautiful and deep at the same time. I wonder what inspired you to wrote it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laila,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to read and the kind words.
    My inspiration for this one comes from being a mom and forgetting to take care of me and trying to find that happiness in what I am and what I could have been. Only to realize I am exactly where I am suppose to be. Happiness in the smallest of places: my children. :) Trying to be the best me.

    ReplyDelete