Tuesday, September 4, 2012

In Between

Black and white
No blending
No grey area
Where things come together
Relying on the peace within
I pray, I meditate
I hope for these thoughts to float away
Unchain me
From this haunting melody
Wearing thin
Cheapening my beliefs
Trading them in
For something solid
Something I can touch, that I can see
To make it that much more real
Your heart believes this to be true
But mind tells me different
I'm not buying what your selling
Take it to an other's door
Suck them in with your stories
I don't mean to judge so quick
My head defeats your words
Making myself the only thing I can trust
I'll remain in this limbo
Waiting on the next train
That might reach me
Maybe prove that these aren't lies
Until then I'll remain on the side
Taking my time to come to your truth
If I make it there I'll join you for a drink
If not I'll simply just be asleep
Mixing with dirt for eternity

No comments:

Post a Comment