Friday, October 19, 2012

Time Swings On

The pendulum swings back and forth
Ticking on it speaks to me
Asking me to make choices
Telling me to follow dreams
Tangled and tortured
My heart sighs
Regrets of paths not chosen
Mind shutting down
Mapping new routes
Muscles ache
From paving new roads
Lines intersect
Complication take the lead
Walking backwards
When all I want to do is move forward
Not exactly physically stuck
Mentally unable to recount
The days I've laughed
That I've felt free
From my own personal burden
I focus on the light
That flickers at the end of the tunnel
Moving forth
I set sail
Taking a new direction
Its never about what I can't have
But what I am hiding
Letting it rest beneath the surface
Afraid of the outcome
When I finally pull the trigger
Exposing the truthful me
The words that blend
Into the very soul and heart of me
Another place and time
I would have had the space
To let my imagination run free
Tackling the dreams
Making them all come true
The time has become short
The space remains small
Closing in
Images fading
Making space for someone Else's needs
Selfish I no longer am
And the tole I have paid

No comments:

Post a Comment