Thursday, October 4, 2012

Woman

I am a woman
I create something
Out of nothing
I fix whats been broken
And give it a new name
I stress endless nights
Sleepless worry
I pace these halls
A purpose to carry
The world on my shoulders
I wear a smile upon my face
Not giving into the darkness
I light up the nights
Making wishes on stars
That eventually burn away
But I am a woman
I love with all of me
I forgive often
I forget never
I have gentle words
But my tongue can lash out
It Stings with a crack
I live in confusion
Chaos is my comfort
I'm a bearer of life
A vessel of breathe
Turning myself out
To deliver them
To this unforgiving world
I am a women
I break easily
But have gotten use to
Building myself up stronger
Becoming wiser
Naive I once was
Just a girl, a child
Breaking all the rules
But I have moved on from that
Becoming the woman I am today
Always trying to be better
Than the day before
I am proud
When I awake and stand
With each new day
Because I am a women
I am stronger than you'll ever feel
Something you will always wish to be
But the molds were broke
When they created me

No comments:

Post a Comment