Saturday, October 20, 2012

I


I fell from my grace
Never a picture of a lady
If I was angel
My halo would hang crooked
I don't make excuses
I behave the way that makes me happiest
Sorry if it offends
I dance in shade
Dipping on and off the edge
Tiptoe I spin
Least expected to carry my own
Fearless is a bluff
I've never been one
To hurt others for sport
I've been someones first
I've been someones last
Love can feel like a punishment
Giving so much
Expecting nothing in return
Its an outrageous game we play
You pull
You push
Trying to figure out where we belong
Trying to fit the pegs in the right slot
I've dreamt so many dreams
Its taken over my reality
I've never been crowned queen of anything
Proper I am not
I speak of things you wish not to hear
I speak of the truth
Pinning down all your fears
My manners are subtle
And often delayed
Expectations weave through me
Holding my odds and ends together
Its gets hard to remain faithful
To the me I am suppose to be
Looping the threads that hold
My existence together
I drift from my favorite part of me
Afraid I will drown
In the sea of followers
Shading my eyes from the truth
Of where I belong
I have accepted who I am
Why is so hard for others to
I stand proud
While others hide behind covers
Only to point out others flaws
And short comings
I live in a bubble of contradiction
Without a direction
I carry on

No comments:

Post a Comment