Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Just For Me

Falling in again
Getting carried away
Feet glued in place
Hands remain steady
Pushing the divider
Till it shatters
Talking till someone hears
The words make sense
Even when spoken out of place
Creativity spills
Over flowing
Tired of holding back
Hanging on by a thread
For most days
Passing by
Dangling by a fingertip
I choose to get up
While moving forward
I will believe
In everything that makes me
My poker face
Shows no fear
Of the lines unwritten
The tales yet to be told
Wishes I blow away
Hoping they find
Their way back to me
Making my dreams come true
Turns to nightmares
When you fall short
Of the finish line
The weight of failure
Holds tight to your heart
Embraces the pain that lingers on
And still I live in this hollowed form
That once embodied me at my finest hour
There was a time I didn't have to pretend
The doors weren't closed
The sunlight shined bright
Through curtains of sheer
Making things clear
A light shined its way
Just for me

No comments:

Post a Comment