Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Waiting For You


The window awaits
A gentle breeze escapes
Cool it captures me
Bleak are the landscapes
That surround this house
If only I could pull the shades
And let the scenery fade
Maybe if you were near
I would allow myself to care
It might be the lack of you
That leaves my world colorless
I am anything but weightless
While I wilt away
Waiting for my love to arrive
Save me from my prison
The loneliness has risen
Taking a hold of me
Maybe I'm yours to keep
Its possible I'm lying
To keep you on your feet
Only time tells the secrets
That we hold so sacred
Instead of telling you
I sit and write it down
In a notepad in the darkness
Imagining the lines I'd whisper
To the deepest part of your heart
I still sit waiting for you
While the vast space pushes us apart
You visit me in dreams
Wanting to be held by you
Ripes me at my seams
As soon as your bag hits the floor
Your off and out the door again
Leaving my feeling drained
Starving and hungry for you
And all the things only you can do
Find me
Put these pieces back together
Fix me
Take a hold of me
Mold me back to who you fell in love with
She is still in here lost and forgotten

No comments:

Post a Comment