Thursday, November 29, 2012

Ticking Time

The clocks been ticking down
From the moment I was born
I've always been a touch of a dreamer
Imagining there would always be time
To start this life over
To change the winds direction
I've been busy floating along
Going with the current
That gently pulls me away
While others have planned
Out the future
That I am unable to look forward to
Stuck inside myself
Willing the words to rise
Hoping they won't complicate
Whats been felt
I've been floating
Off in the atmosphere
Waiting for a lifeline
To bring me back in
To realize the world will spin
Even after I have gone
That I am just a speck
In a moment in time
Waiting to be uncovered
Among the rest
As the dust settles
My heart is busy pulling me
In any direction but the right one
Since the day I discovered
I  am powerless to these thoughts
That retrace my last steps
They lead me away
From the me I used to be
Waking in a foreign country
Unable to speak or understand
A single word
I am more than this skin
That I feel buried in
Misunderstood and confused
for someone else
That I could never really be
Yes there is way more to me
And this is not the end

No comments:

Post a Comment