Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Just A Dream

The dreams they come to me
Bold and creative they drift
In and out of conciseness
I hear them calling my name
Pulling the strings of my heart
To a place unknown to me
But I feel the happiness lays there
It surrounds me
Carries me away
The pieces I have been missing
There they wait for me
Falling into place
Freedom of possibility
Send me deeper
Into believing
I am not where I belong
That the chances I saw passing me by
Lay just beyond the next hill
Taking me closer
To whats suppose to be mine
These dreams open my eyes
To what could have been
And what could still be
Grab a bag
Buy a ticket
Catch that plane
To your next home
Will I take that leap
Will I make that connection
In dreams anything is possible
Its where I live out the life
I always hoped for
I count the hours
Till my head meets up with them again
The intensity grows
The yearning breeds resentment
I grow impatient waiting for my time
For everything I have dreamt over a lifetime
To finally come true
Everything happens for a reason?
My body remains here
While my mind wonders
Back to those dreams
The ones that break my heart
For I know I must stay
That I cannot go
So they remain just what they are
Just dreams....that have fallen apart
Drifted out of my sight
Replaced with another plan

Replaced with some Else's needs
They were just my dreams
Slipped away or so it seems....

No comments:

Post a Comment