Sunday, November 18, 2012

Starting Anew

Leaving the past behind
Looking for a place to start
Keeping mind open
Trying to be smart
Making sure I stay on track
Looking forward instead of back
Its like I was once lost
Laying crowded amongst all this mess
Things that were tossed aside
Clouded by the past
I carry the weight
The shadows have left behind
Its time to bury
Whats been holding on tight
Leaving me breathless
Tearing me at the seams
So easy to say
So hard to carry through
But my day is new
The outlook couldn't be more promising
My confidence in myself
Although wavering
Its there shinning through
My smile begins to beam with pride
I'm making a comeback
Proving to myself I'm worth
All the things others said I wasn't
Keeping myself centered
When everything is confused
For things that don't fit into place
I stumbled, I've fallen to my knees
I managed to keep walking
After all this time
The road has been full of bad luck
Still I keep pushing for something better

No comments:

Post a Comment