Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A New Home

Maybe I've been wrong
For always thinking I was right
I waited for you to walk away
To make sure mine was the last word
Just so I could say I was the winner
I was to busy to realize I was on the loosing end
I push buttons
When I ought to give up and give in
I push till there is no room left
I know I'm flawed
From wearing my heart upon my sleeve
For so long, I let others dictate my feelings
That I've masked the true me
When you loved me it was the part
That you saw, only in glimpses
I never fail to make a scene
But when I'm loving
You know its all been just a front
The strength you carry
is something that I truly admire
The reality should have set in by now
That you wish to stay
When all I've done is push
And run away
I've put you through hell
And with every test I have failed
But you keep coming back
When I'm scared and don't know what to do
I find myself turning to you
Maybe this does mean you've won
The heart that once was made of stone
Beats once again
And calls to you
Its new home
Where the old meets the new
Giving me hope that yesterday is over
And today has just begun

No comments:

Post a Comment