Sunday, November 25, 2012

Without a Trace


The barriers stand tall
Bracing for the impact
My rage surfaces
And fades
I can't fake what I can't pretend
The happiness swells
Leaving me breathless when it leaves
Emptiness is cold
Shivering, waiting for the release
I lack, but still I remain faithful
In this life
The tracks have been laid
So tired of my place
Afraid I will end without a trace
Owning up to words
So hard
When the time has already been spent
Apologies for mistakes
Guilt and regret fill the cracks
Over time there have been plenty
Words have broken and frayed my edges
I hush my insecurities
While they run over
Buried inside my head
To empty to sleep
To heavy to awaken
Lost in a world somewhere in between
I still remember wishing days away
Just to get to night so I can dream
But now it reminds me to much
Of the person I used to be
And all the pieces I let go
That I have hidden and forgotten
Sadly I admit  the time has pasted
In the corner they are brushed
Forever waiting for a tomorrow
That might never be found
I feel the weight crushing me
And so I carry through another day
My shoulders hang a little lower
My movements become slower
I burn low till I am I am no longer
Able to carry out this game
I drop this load
Waiting for it to start all over again

No comments:

Post a Comment