Tuesday, November 27, 2012

useLESS


Roaming freely
Weary of what lays ahead
Trusting to easily
In the things that seem to disappear
Lazily they fall
Exposing them all
For what they didn't appear to be
Another fight song
Living in a soundtrack
Another tearful love duet
To remind me of our regret
While time slips by
I look to you
With the questions of why
We take, we give
A bad name to the intimacy we felt
Words of war
Words spoken in lust
Either way they tear us down
Leaving us betrayed
I walked into the wrong door
Making a connection
That would soon enough
Lead to the undoing
Of everything I have built
Unknowingly paving the path
For the damaging effect
Of loving someone like you
Maybe my mistake
For trusting the words you said
Thinking feeling like those
Could spread
But we both knew
There would be no happy ending
And we just played pretend
For a moment in time
it was just what I needed
Its hard to regret
Only sorry I let my guard down
And let you effect me in certain ways
We closed down this tiny bar
Then I let you bring me into your world
I'm your favorite pawn
In this game we play
Who knew it could eventually lead to this

No comments:

Post a Comment