Wednesday, November 28, 2012

YesterYear

Trying to protect my heart
While time passes
And I strain to focus on the good
That this world may yet hold for me
If tears were money
I'd be a millionaire
I could wish we never met
I would have never known the joys
I always felt with you
Even though you are no longer here
The memories we shared
The moments you made me feel you cared
The bittersweet songs
That remind me of the stories we would tell
You gave me the words of wisdom
The strength to move on
But I don't see you today
Your memories they fade
No matter the imprint you made
On my youthful heart
Your voice like white noise
As you drift on
Past the pain of everyday life
I knew you
In a life that went before
When things were simple
A time nights were what we lived for
Standing by the fire
Plastic cups in one hand
Your in the other
Friends we were sure would last
Making the most of the time we had
Skipping class
Seeing how far we could
go on a single tank of gas
Who knew how quick
the time would come to pass
I wear smile
I swear I won't forget
I see you in the those familiar places
All the streets where we roamed
Convinced it would never end
But it fizzled out
And everyone went their separate ways
Raising families and moving away
All except you
We said our goodbye forever

No comments:

Post a Comment