Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I Do

There was a moment that I hesitated
Only flashes of us, and all we could be
From just that one kiss
You took my hand and told me
I do, understand the connection
And hoped it would always stay
As time passed
Our lives threw us through a loop
Handing us more than
We thought we could carry
Struggling to make it out
Afraid it was a tidal wave
That may take us under
I woke up to you
Close to me with a ring
And I told you
I do, Take you for all that you make me
For all the things you see possible in me
The days seem to blend
The next thing I know
You've become my best friend
But life has had its fair share of hardship
We've been dealt with our own sorrow
But you were there
At my weakest point
When I wasn't a me we could recognize
We've learned that each breathe is a blessing
That we've created life
And its been given more than it was taken
You've held my hand
Telling me everything will be fine
You told me
I do, want to be the kind of man you can be proud of
The father my children can rely on
Even after all this time has past
The promises you make stick
No matter how hard
How close or far
We struggle to stay connected
But we keep plugging along
doing our best
hoping for the best outcome
I just needed you to hear
I do, want to finish growing old with
That our book isn't over
And with every chapter we grow closer

No comments:

Post a Comment