Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I have spent most of my life
trying to write this song that fills my heart
The tune that carries me through my day
It lifts the curtains, letting the sunshine through
Surprises me, turning my night into day
Giving me hope that things will get better
When there is no life raft in sight
I hum the melody like its an old friend
Been there this whole time, keeping me company
When things seem out of control it keeps me grounded
It just makes sense like nothing else
completing me
Ending this silence I have carried for so long
Reminding me to keep going
To continue to breathe
Its not the end just bc the song is over
Making room for a new one to begin
Taking hold of me
Riding the highways of my soul
Set on cruise control, taking it slow
Enjoying the scenes of my life
The memories like painted pictures in my mind
They surface, rising to the top
just reminders of brighter times
The music in my heart never skips a beat
The glue that holds me together
Giving me the hope I am stronger than I appear

No comments:

Post a Comment