Monday, June 18, 2012

I always thought of the places we'd go
Realizing I was always to busy looking elsewhere
To take the time to see what was already here
Where will we be when the dust settles?
All the dreams we carried seem to have disappeared
Not sure if we ever understood what growing up was
I hardly recognize us these days.
Its like we're playing roles that someone else picked out
We seem to have faded into the background
Growing more distant from those lives
Its hard to compromise with these walls closing in
Do you see or are you too consumed with playing your character?
I miss late nights dancing barefoot under stars
Drinking each other up
till the sun peeked from under the covers of night
Please remind me, the way to be
The steps retraced back to us
Untamed just waiting to be named
enamored by the possibility of what lays ahead
Living in that moment
Tomorrow, what was that?
Just a fleeting thought
Close your eyes and picture this
Imagine for a moment if you will
A path back to those days
Would you take my hand and accompany me?
Paint me a picture of what you see
I wouldn't give up what we have today
I just need to be reminded that this isn't all I am
That laying beneath this is the foundation of us
That we can still be those people
I wouldn't trade in my life for any yesterdays
But a visit now and then
To be reminded of how we felt, how we smiled
I could live with that, so please remind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment