Tuesday, December 18, 2012

In My Words

I give my life to you
Readers of my soul
My words
My treasures
That sparkle and shine
Through the darkness of my tears
The sadness and all my fears
That lay behind the locked doors
In the labyrinth of my heart
The key has been lost and forgotten
The thoughts that form
The emotions that spill across my page
Bearing it all for you to see
Exposing my guilty pleasure
My fallen plans
My words that skip along
To the beat of my heart
Putting a meaning behind the feeling
Looking through a window
Telling a story
Filling in the blanks
Sometimes its looking so much like a mess
Stringing the thoughts together
In a mad romance
My heart and mind so close
Yet drifting further apart
Unable to keep the connection
Blending and forming a relationship
Unlike anything I've felt
Pulling myself inside out
To discover the lines that hide
So deep behind my eyes
The despair that keeps life in motion
Waiting for something to come full circle
To radiate comfort
To understand why smiles can hurt
And tears can be happy
Why is nothing what it seems
In the void comes a light
The words that give meaning to my voice
They give me power
When I am helpless
They piece me back together
Wanting nothing more in return
Than to be heard
They ease the longing that burns within
My words have a heart and soul of their own
Melting into mine
We've become one

No comments:

Post a Comment