Thursday, December 6, 2012

Writer


Making my dreams come true,
Can be a true nightmare
Being a writer I feel bound to my thoughts
Sleepless nights on edge
The words echoing in my head
Shackling myself to the past
Worried if the future will bring
The one thing that wakes me in the night
Reaching for a pen a paper
Before the thoughts have been lost
The torture of paying attention to others
While the words run wild in my head
I lie to myself that I will give it up in time
But its a part of who I am
The piece that fits and makes me whole
It puts meaning to the things that seem so confusing
Its hard to bare my soul when I stand alone
But my paper doesn't judge
It absorbs my words and eases the fear
Helps me to stand proud of that part of me
I secretly was in the comfort of my mind
Not everyone will understand the yearning I have
To place my feelings into words
Exposing my biggest fears and flaws
For others to see and have opinions on
Poems are the stories of my heart
The colors I paint my life with
May seem bleak and may be misunderstood
Others read what they want to see
Opinions don't change how I feel inside
So writing I will continue to do
As long is there is breathe
And life flows to these hands
I will express what comes to mind
Whether it reaches anyone at all or not
I refuse to put my dreams in a closet
Locked up tight to please others
Its like a missing piece to a puzzle
Take me for everything I am
If you can handle the truth I tell
I am hard enough on myself
My biggest critic
Always reaching for some new accomplishment
But this is just who I am
I am a writer from my heart to my soul
It is who makes me feel one hundred percent whole

No comments:

Post a Comment