Wednesday, December 12, 2012

In Motion

I only think of you when I feel the pain
from missing you
When my heart feels broken
And I feel so plain
Like I hold nothing special
Since you've gone away
The nights are darker
The days feel the same
I wonder around aimless
I feel the shame of the empty spaces
Where you once belonged
I pushed you till you fell apart
Desperate for space
I waited caught up in the dreams
You always seemed to promise
But unable to come through
When I needed you most
Its for the best they all say
And maybe it is
But it doesn't change the way I feel
Or make this pain any less real
I've salvaged what was left of my heart
Packed my bags
To wave goodbye to someone
That was never as honest as they said
I'll work out this mess in my own time
Iron out the wrinkles you left on my heart
Your silence speaks volumes
I can no longer let you value my self worth
It was mistake to allow you that privilege
The abuser of time
The killer of dreams
But without you I am a blank canvas
Waiting for the colors of life to paint my horizon
There is limitless possibilities
But only one for someone like you
Sentence to walk alone
In foot steps of others
Who could not open up and love another
For those who have taken and never given
My life is constantly in motion
Moving forward
Moving on

No comments:

Post a Comment